Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Insanity and Randomness


Mommy, do you think I'm awesome because I put diapers in the drawer? -Bjorn



~During kitchen cleanup~
Thor: You squeak sharp.
Cecily: YOU squeak flat.

Sylvia: What!?
Knut: I wasn't talking to you; I was talking to Thor. He's squeaking.


Mom: I don't think the garbage has come yet, has it?
Knut: Well no, normally the garbage TRUCK comes and takes AWAY our garbage.


Mom: We need to clean up this level... put away the crutches... robots... legos... jumpers...

~During History~
Knut: What were the years of (Grant's) presidency?
Cecily: 1830-2013!
Sylvia: 1830?! He would have been eight!!

~During French~
Mom: (pointing to her nose) Qu'est-ce que c'est? (What is this?)
Knut: *coming out of la-la land* ...what?
Mom: *sighs* This is why I told you to sit up. *points to nose again* Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Knut: Oh, uh... *looks at book hurriedly* C'est mon chien. (That's my dog.)
Everyone else: *bursts out laughing*
Knut: WHAT?!?!?!?

~During Proverbs Study~
Mom: *reading about laziness* ...and poverty will descend upon you...
Knut: Like a glorpe!

~During family Bible time~

Papa: I like chocolate ice cream. Is that a conviction or a preference?
Sylvia, Cecily, and Thor: Preference.
Knut: CONVICTION!!!


~In the girls' room, which can be a crazy place sometimes...~

Cecily: Seriously! It's super bad!!
Sylvia: You amuse me.
Cecily: Well, you amuse ME! In a very weird way!

Sylvia: Okay, I only have a few more minutes before I start freaking out.
Cecily: Why?
Sylvia: BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION!! And if I can't find it, then I'll have to answer it AGAIN! And that would be tragic.
Cecily: O_o
Sylvia: Oh, here it is! ....I knew that. I totally knew that. Uh... I was just seeing how you'd react if I started freaking out.

Cecily: Ouch. ........That didn't hurt. Why did I say ouch?

Sylvia: I'm going to be noisy in here, so if that bothers you, uh... you can move!
Cecily: Huh?
Sylvia: I'm going to practice my speech. So if it bothers you, sorry. I have to do it. But you should be fine... after all; you're a homeschooler. You can focus when there's noise and chaos going around you, right?
Cecily: What?
Sylvia: It's part of your education to be able to block out noise.
Cecily: Sylvia, I'm practicing that right now. I only heard a few words of what you were saying.
Sylvia: *starts laughing*

~During dinner~

Gloria: I can’t wait to eat it!
Knut: Well then, I'll eat it for you, to save you from suffering, since you can’t wait.

Cecily: How do you make a strawberry shake?
Sylvia: Shake some strawberries.
Cecily: No; make it scared!
Sylvia: Uh… strawberries don’t have muscles.
Knut: Not with genetically altered strawberries!

~At Lyceum, in Speech class~ 
DVD: Why? What’s the purpose of telling a story?
(Boy in class): To have fun.
DVD: to teach a lesson, or a message, right? Now, I'm sure there’s someone in your group who says, “Oh, telling a story is just for fun!”
Everyone in the class: *looks at (Boy) and bursts out laughing*
(Boy): …He can hear us. 




Bjorn is now FIVE!!! 


Mascoutah's 1st annual Hero Run! 

(Thanks to Grandpa Davis for the last three pictures!)

5 comments:

  1. WOW... that was a needed laugh!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so funny!! :) Rosemary is ADORABLE!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you guys had not already been convinced of the craziness of our family, I'm guessing this would've convinced you. ;)
    @Kalei: Yes she is... and she knows it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exactly does a glorpe descend upon a person? (I hope they do it in stealth mode) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...