Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Perks of Social Media

In this technology-filled age, many parents complain of their children's obsession with social media and their lack of connection with those around them.

However, Facebook and email can be valuable tools for those children and enable them to connect when otherwise they would be unable to!

For example:

This afternoon, I had been in my room studying for a few hours, so I decided to take a break. I went downstairs, and, seeing Cecily sitting in the living room, inquired of her where Mom was.

Much to my surprise, she answered that both Father and Mother had gone on a date. Thus, I was supposed to be cooking dinner at that moment! Nothing daunted, I made dinner, we had a movie night, and all was well with the world.

A couple hours later, my friend emailed me, excited that our family was coming over to her house for dinner the next day. She was amused to find that I knew nothing about these plans.

When Papa and Mom returned, I had a few questions for them! The last question was, "You do know that I have Bible Bowl practice at 6:00 tomorrow evening, right?" ("Um... oops..." said Mother.) Later in the conversation, Mother revealed that Father had posted to Facebook that they were going on a date. I immediately hacked into Father's Facebook account (with Mother looking over my shoulder ;)), and viewed the post.

A little while later, Father emailed me (yes, emailed… from downstairs…) that I had not done much with the blog lately.

And so, I decided to post this humorous little story about life in the Peterson household lately. I hope you have enjoyed it. ;)


Note: just so that this post doesn’t come across too much as “parent-bashing”, allow me to say that my parents don’t usually leave me in the dark like this. ;) Also, since I got my license they’ve been giving me a lot more freedom, which is why they don’t have to think about my schedule when planning events for the family. And I'm not about to complain about that. ;)

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...