Friday, August 13, 2010

On the way home



Josh here - we left this morning, but a little later than planned. I had forgotten to pick up my cowboy boots which were getting re-soled, so we had to wait until 8:30 when the shop opened. Of course, the real reason was that we all just didn't get up that early either, but I'll take the boot excuse too! :-)


We passed through Sturgis, forgetting that this was the week for the big motorcycle rally. I kind of like seeing all the fancy bikes and goofy looking people. There are always some great moustaches among that crowd.




We drove down to Mt. Rushmore for a stop. That was fun, and very crowded. I had a biker with a great handlebar moustache take our photo. We did the little Presidential Trail hike (1/2 mile or so) and saw the sights, toured the museum and all that. It was good. I bought my sweetie some earrings - let's hope they work well. She often has trouble keeping her earring holes healthy.

A couple hours later, we were back on the road again, and now we're in Mitchell, SD, and everyone (but me) is sleeping peacefully in a comfy hotel. I think I'll join them. (Yawn!)

1 comment:

  1. I tried to count all the motorcyles we saw. Of course it was impossible to count every single one in the towns where there were thousands grouped together while we were driving by, but from the time I started counting them until Mt. Rushmore (I gave it up after Mt. Rushmore) I counted 1,738!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...