Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life

School this morning went well, and I think we're adjusting pretty quickly. We're learning some new songs for our Peterson Family Singers concerts in Circle Time as well as our hymn. Our Bible verse right now is... and I'm doing this from memory :) ... 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come. We're doing Bible verses a new way this year. In the past, Mom has picked a passage of scripture, say, Psalm 27, and we would spend a few weeks memorizing it. When we had it down, we'd pick another chapter. Now Mom has this book of verses arranged by topic which we are going through... I can't remember the title! I'll make a note of it tomorrow morning.

There is going to be a big auction this Saturday right across the street from our house! We're planning to have our summer yard sale on the same day, and we'll also have a bake sale. CCC is doing a lemonade stand. Proceeds from the lemonade stand will go to the Concerned Christians Food Pantry here in Mascoutah, and maybe one other charity.

Tonight Mom and Papa had a mid-week service to do at church, as well as some other work. Papa had some appointments on the way, so they decided to leave us at home with me to babysit. Of course, they took Rosemary since they would be gone several hours and she doesn't eat solid food yet. Mom left instructions for us to fix dinner: chicken salad burritos. Gloria reminded me by standing in front of me, putting her hand on her stomach, and groaning, "I'm huuuuuunnnnngrryyyyyy!!!" (I was deeply engrossed in a book.) Once she got me out of my chair, I quickly got everyone else out of wherever they were and we all fixed dinner. Knut chopped the onion, Gloria set the table, Thor did various things such as getting out the salsa and the mayonnaise, Cecily grated cheese, and Bjorn got into mischief. The burritos were in the oven in no time! After dinner we cleaned up the kitchen, got out the ice cream, and watched some episodes of Jonny Quest, an old Science-Fiction TV show Papa found out about through Netflix quite awhile ago. I found out that I am quite good at sweeping the kitchen floor and watching a movie at the same time. We don't have a TV in our living room (in fact, we don't have TV... that is, cable... at all, we just watch videos once a week), but we do have a computer in the living room. Since we downloaded the Jonny Quest episodes off the Internet on that computer, that was where we watched them.

After Papa and Mom got home, we had our family Bible time as well as some poetry reading. Then Thor, Gloria, and Bjorn went to bed, and now everyone except for Papa and I (Papa's on the downstairs computer, I'm on the upstairs one) is in bed, some reading, some sleeping. Some are supposed to be sleeping but are reading instead. :) It's easy to lose track of time when you're in the middle of a good book! I know that from personal experience. :) I think I'll go get lost in a good book myself!
Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...