Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Drama Club, Bright Lights

Pictures from Drama Club last Friday:

Picture by Josiah ( http://josiah-notperfectyet.blogspot.com/  )

Picture by Cecily 

Picture by Cecily 

Picture by Cecily 


Picture by Josiah ( http://josiah-notperfectyet.blogspot.com/  ) 

Bright Lights

As some of you may know, my friend Jael and I are starting a Bright Lights group in the fall. (If you don't know what Bright Lights is... click here or copy and paste the link: http://tomorrowsforefathers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=54)

As I've been going through the leaders' training CDs, I've appreciated a lot of the points that Sarah Mally makes, but one of the biggest things I've noticed is how ministry-oriented she is. Her entire family looks at everything as a possible mission field, from the conversations they get into in the store to praying in public at a restaurant to holding conferences all over the nation. It struck me, how many times do we walk right past a ministry opportunity because we're afraid? How many times are we put into a situation where God could use us in amazing ways, but we don't utilize it?

As a student right now, my primary responsibility is to prepare for ministry... to invest time in personal devotions, Scripture memorization, etc. in addition to academics. That should be my number one goal right now, but how often do I skip devotions or just read a few verses instead of really delving into His word?

The human mind has the capabilities to memorize the entire Bible, but I don't stick with memorizing even one short book of it over the summer.

These CDs have been really convicting. They've encouraged me to spend a lot more time with God... to spend more time praying about how I can be ministering to others... to spend more time getting to know Him.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate prayer for faithfulness in all these personal disciplines. :)

15 comments:

  1. WOW I love the last picture!:D You look so serious and Sarah is in the backround totally goofing off XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be praying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah's face in the last picture made my day! I didn't know such a face was possible! :-D

    And I totally agree with what you (Sylvia) said! And all you who aren't Sylvia: please do pray for me and Sylvia, because this group isn't going to work without prayer!

    Jael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Sarah, all craziness is possible. XD

      And I'm going to be praying for you and me, too. :D You're so right about it not working without prayer! :)

      Delete
  4. Don't start... alright fine, I won't argue... THIS time... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. SYLVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder who the BEAUTIFUL girl next to Caris in the 2nd picture is? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I'm not sure WHO she could be... she certainly is adorable, though, isn't she? ;) XD

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...