Monday, November 25, 2013

All right, so I have been slacking...

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING POST WAS WRITTEN BY A SLEEP-DEPRIVED NANOWRIMO PARTICIPANT WHO WAS RECENTLY INTERRUPTED IN THE MIDST OF WRITING HER NOVEL. A perilous venture indeed; don't try it unless you're either bringing her a cup of tea or making her laugh so hard she can't attack you. Anyway... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As my brother has very kindly informed me, I have been slacking off on this blog lately.

The reason? Well, partially... it's November. :D And everyone should know what that means: http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/ (or http://nanowrimo.org/ if you're brave and amazing... *cough* Jael *cough*)

And as I have been attempting to write 30,000 words and keep on top of school and other stuff, another "interesting" aspect of life has been my very entertaining bunch of siblings!

A few days ago, I was innocently sitting at my desk studying, when I looked up to see this:



Yeah, well, I'm afraid Gloria may have ruined the drama of the moment. ;)

Then, this evening, I was working on my novel, when my sisters started doing this:

And they kept it up for about half an hour... I finally just tuned them out and kept on writing. I'm not sure how coherent that writing was; it's hard to tune them out completely...

Right before that, this conversation happened between Cecily and me:
Cecily: Um... Sylvia, can I have my rubber band?
Sylvia: *looking up from her laptop* Oh, is that what just flew over my head?
Cecily: ...Yeah.
(Sylvia tries to shoot the rubber band back at Cecily, but misses by about three feet. She's only sitting about five feet away from Cecily.)
Sylvia: ...Ow.
(Cecily bursts out laughing)
Sylvia: Yeah, that's typical me... try to shoot a rubber band; end up harming myself but completely missing the target.
Cecily: Yeah, you missed me by three or four feet...


And just because you so need more Peterson craziness...

(French assignment, filling in comparative or superlative forms.  The assignment: "Je mange ___ Henri." (Literally, "I ate __ Henry.")
Mom: You may do "I ate MORE THAN Henry" or "I ate LESS THAN Henry," but you may NOT do "I ate the most of Henry!"
Cecily: But Henry was the name of my apple yesterday! And I ate most of it!

Bjorn: It's boring.
Mom: BORING? Good; it's almost 10:00 at night! Go to sleep!

Sylvia: Or better yet, coat them with red duct tape!
Cecily: ...Cook them with red duct tape? O_O

Mom: There was some mold on the cantaloupe in the fridge... I should have saved it for Knut's Biology assignment.

Papa: What's the second law of thermodynamics?
Cecily: the Law of Splat.

Knut: Stevie did it!
Sylvia: Which Steve?
Knut: Stevie.
Sylvia: The monkey?
Knut: Not necessarily...
Sylvia: Which Stevie, then?
Knut: Stevie.
Sylvia: Who's Stevie?
Knut: ...I don't know, but he did it!

Papa: Sylvia, could you... uh... um... *tries to say something, but can't find the words*
(Sylvia starts raking up the leaves by the curb)
Papa: It's lovely when you can read my mind.

Knut: When I was 4 and Thor had just been born, when Thor hit me with his hammer, my brain died. Fortunately, I had made a replacement brain, 'cause I wasn't quite sure to expect, since I'd never had a little brother before. Good thing I took precautions. So when my brain died 'cause Thor hit it with the hammer, the replacement one took over. But it's kinda weird, since... I made it... and it needs chocolate to work.
Papa: It works??
Knut: Sort of. And it would die if I didn't have chocolate at least once a week.
Sylvia: Only once a week?
Knut: At LEAST once a week. But if it's only once a week, then it... fades and deteriorates and doesn't work very well. I have to have chocolate at least four times a day for it to function at its full capacity.

Mom: Like, I gave up on getting Sylvia to switch to cursive. But then after I gave up, she switched.
Mom and Sylvia together: ...Story of my life.

Mom: Knut, you should have most of this already in your own personal computer... called your brain.

Papa: You know, we always used to have quiet children... right up until the time Knut was born. 

Mom: If he gets out the jug of milk, stop him.
Sylvia: Slap him!?!?
...Cecily: Ooh, don't warn him! I wanna do it!

Cecily: No dead people allowed in the house???
Sylvia: WHAT!?
Cecily: Gloria just said that...
Sylvia: Oh... I thought it was a French sentence you were trying to translate!

Thor: It's number A of letter 2.

Knut: New rule! Thou shalt eat like a civilized human being.
Papa: What's that? Thou shalt eat the civilized human being?
Mom: There has been way too much talk about "eaters of men" around here...

Rosemary: The ice cream truck is a runaway chicken.
Bjorn: No, the ice cream MAN!

Bjorn: This is how you eat.
Cecily: That's how YOU eat; it's not how I eat.

Cecily: We were playing outside being Ninjas and hoping nobody called the police on us.

 Cecily: Yankee Doodle went to town, riding on a pony; stuck a feather in his cat... um... I meant hat... and threw it out the window.
Sylvia: You are so strange.
Cecily: I really like "Old McDonald had a farm and threw it out the window."


Anyway... back to studying and writing and coming up with ways to take over the world... um, in my novel, of course... *very innocent expression*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...