Monday, January 06, 2014

Insanity

I'm hoping that one of these days my siblings will get bored and post updates of our life or something; something besides insanity... but they don't seem to get bored easily. :(

Knut, you really could post about FTC... :D
Cecily and/or Thor, you really could post about the FLL mock competition... :D
Gloria, you could post about Christmas... :D
Any of you could post about all the random parties and concerts that have been going on lately... :D

My brain is currently completely filled with random Western Civ facts and the words of Judges 6, so any "sane" post I might attempt would probably have keywords underlined and be interspersed with facts about Western Civ and at the very least would make no sense whatsoever. Just like that last sentence.
(If you understood none of that, your sanity is safe!)
... Enjoy this craziness instead. ;)
Sylvia: He's gonna fall!
Papa: Then maybe he'll learn something!
Sylvia: Okay...
(A minute later, as Papa is cracking nuts...)
Papa: Ow!
Knut: Papa just learned something.
(Still later, as Thor is crushing pecans with a hammer...)
Thor: Owww!!!
Papa: Thor just learned something!

(Thor is crushing pecans with his wooden "Thor's Hammer")
Papa: Hey, Thor, this calls for crushed pecans, not pecan butter!

Gloria: Fi, fi, fo, fum; I smell the blood of an Englishman! Be he alive or be he dead, I'll throw him out the window!

Papa: "Mistress Mary, quite contrary; how does your garden grow?" "I don't know; I threw it out the window!"

Gloria: Star light, star bright; first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might throw it out the window.

Knut: When was Cecily born? 1902?

Cecily (sticking a rubber band in a candle flame): Smells like... burnt rubber band. I wonder why?

Sylvia: You crack yourself up?
Cecily: Well, I cracked the rubber band up, too... see? It's got a crack in it.

Sylvia: Right now you have ADOC. Attention deficit... ooh, candle!
~A little later~
Cecily: I have a general toss-up... *bursts out laughing*
Sylvia: You have what?
Cecily: I have ADOC... *continues laughing uncontrollably*
Yeah, folks, this is what happens when Cecily gets tired.

Knut: Sorry; we're experiencing lyrical difficulties. Please stand by.

(While playing Bibleopoly)
Papa (pretending to read): You've become a televangelist. You receive all money and property from every other player and you win the game.
~Later~
Papa: Advance by ones all around the board, acquiring all property as you go.

Papa (reading aloud the Christmas letter for approval):
Bjorn: I'M NOT CUTE!!!!!!!!

Sylvia: ...Why was there a child standing on my head?
(Knut randomly keels over)
Sylvia: ...Why did Knut just die?
Knut *reviving abruptly and beginning to bounce crazily*: THE HOBBIT IS IN TWO DAYS!!!!

Cecily: I have so many things to figure out! I have to write a story and come up with a costume... Besides, I also have to take over the world!

Papa: Hold on; hold on! I got one ear but twice the brain power of the rest of you put together, but I can't write it that fast!

Cecily: I told the garbage can that if it tipped over one more time, I'd slash it into pieces with a machete and then burn it.

Knut: Please do not take my jam. ...Or the bread that the jam happens to be attached to.

Sylvia: If we make it, we'll be amazing.
Knut: If you don't, I will come to your funeral. Unless we happen to have FTC that day.

Knut: We just make sure not to kill him permanently, 'cause that would be demoralizing... 'cause then we couldn't kill him anymore!

Sylvia: Wow, THAT'S an unpardonable sin. I mean, it's ICE CREAM!
Knut: And not just ANY ice cream, it's MY ice cream!

Cecily: Hi, Rosemary. Happy birthday.
Rosemary: It's my birthday, so you don't have to say hi.
Cecily: What?
Rosemary: You can't say hi on my birthday.
Cecily: Okay. Bye, Rosemary.
Rosemary: No, wait. Come back!

(Cecily walks into room)
Cecily: I need to learn about nukes.
(Sylvia looks at her.)
Cecily: And how to activate and deactivate them.
*pause*
I wonder if there's a website for that.
*pause*
"All about nukes for kids" maybe?
*pause*
Oh! I forgot it downstairs!
(leaves room; comes back)
I wonder what would happen if I googled "all about nukes?"

Sylvia (studying): "But the LORD said to Gideon, 'Peace be to you, you shall not die.'"
Yet.
(Knut bursts out laughing)
Sylvia: No! "Yet" wasn't in there! That was my little commentary.
Knut: "Peace be to you; you shall not die..." yet. BUT, in two minutes, there will come a rabid squirrel...
Sylvia: RABID SQUIRREL???
Knut: Or an evil bunny. BEWARE THE EVIL BUNNIES!!!

Knut: Sylvia, where does the cornstarch go?
Sylvia (studying Judges 6 and washing dishes): "Bring out your son, that he may die."
Knut: That is not a valid answer. Now where DOES the cornstarch go? 
(^I told you my brain was filled with the words of Judges 6!  That particular phrase is from verse 30, if you want to read it in context. ;))


Leif loitering under Cecily's "no loitering" sign

Cecily and Leif listening to Piano Guys


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, it's Knut that's evil... calling those, poor, innocent, adorable little bunnies EVIL... why, that would be like calling ME evil! ;)

      Delete
    2. ...I don't think I'll say anything either way on that statement... XD

      Delete
  2. I just learned something... my sanity is not safe! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh, no, Kalei... that is NOT good at all... XD XD

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...