Friday, February 04, 2011

The downside of homeschooling

There has been a lot of snow and ice for the past couple weeks, so the public schools have had a lot of snow days. I'm the only homeschooler in my Sunday school, so I keep hearing about how everyone else is having so many days off, what they're doing with their free time, etc. This is one of the things I do not like about being homeschooled- we don't get snow days! My homeschooled friends have been talking about how they're trying to convince their parents to get snow days... one girl said that she asked her mom if she could have a snow day if there was ice on the stairs! We've tried many ideas, but nothing works. :(

3 comments:

  1. Yes, snow days are the downside to homeschool. It's even more frustrating when you have siblings who go to school & have snow days but you still have to do work while they play games. :) It's very distracting and I haven't gotten much work done this week... now I'm behind. :p Oh well, it's still nice to have everyone home.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh... that would be frustrating. :P At least all of my siblings get to share in my misery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On snowy days, mom watches the news to see if the Mascoutah School District is having a snow day. If they are, we get one, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...