Wednesday, June 08, 2011

A major update :)

I'm so sorry I've been negligent in posting lately. So much is going on! I don't even know where to start.

Shady Oaks update:
Grandpa and Grandma are moved in!!! Most of the flooring is done, the kitchen is in progress, and everything is beginning to look really nice! There's still some glue scraping to do in the dining room (ick) and then flooring needs to be laid down, and I think there's also some painting that still needs to be done in there. And of course there are other things that need to be finished, but the house is 'livable'!
The pool is filled! Today is the first day (after the chemicals were put in) that we will be able to swim in it! We did get to swim while it was filling... it was exciting to see the progress each day! And ohhhh, does that water feel good! ;) ow! I've been using a lot of exclamation points!!!!!!! :)

We went to Raging Rivers yesterday and stayed for about six and a half hours. Several of us now have bad sunburns (it seems that our 'extra-strength, waterproof' sunscreen wasn't quite so good as it was made out to be). I think Papa has a few pictures from the waterpark on his iPhone; if so I'll try to post those sometime soon.

Knut and I have a dentist appointment today, and the other kids have a Science co-op at the Claytons'. I must say, I'd rather be in their place. :)

This week my Bright Lights leader, Allison, is interning at Worldview Academy, so please be praying for her! :) Allison's younger sister Karen, Kalei Swogger, and three other girls from the Bright Lights group are attending.

That's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...