Tuesday, May 31, 2011

An Update

Grandpa and Grandma are officially moved into Shady Oaks! They still have lunch and dinner here because their kitchen is... to say the least... nonfunctional, but otherwise, they are moved in! We unloaded the moving truck on Saturday, with lots of help from friends. With all the helpers, it was completely unloaded in about an hour and a half! Just then, even more helpers arrived... just in time to eat lunch and have fun. :)
I tried to take some pictures of the progress this afternoon, but only got a few 'okay' ones...
 Cecily scraping glue

 What will someday be the dining room.... :)

 The cabinets are being installed in the kitchen!!!

 The breakfast nook

 The 'Florida Room'

 Grandpa (and helpers) have been unpacking books.

The playroom/rec room/storage room

Drama club went pretty well on Friday, although Haleigh (the girl who is co-leading with me) wasn't able to make it. We have 16 kids signed up!!

This has been an incredibly busy week for our whole family, but me especially! Mom, Cecily, and I had a Bright Lights end-of-the-year party on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday, I had Iowa testing. On Friday, I had Iowa testing in the morning, Drama Club in the afternoon, and a game night with some friends in the evening. The next day, we unloaded the moving truck at Shady Oaks, and then that afternoon I went to a birthday party for one of my friends. As a result everyone has been commenting on my busy 'social calendar'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...