Saturday, October 01, 2011

Restful Saturday (not)

Busy day today!

This morning, we got up at 7:00 to go to the huge subdivision sale in Shiloh. Over 100 houses all have yard sales, and people drive for miles to go to it. There were literally hundreds of cars lined up along the streets- I wished I had my camera so I could get a picture, there were so many! We got home about  11:40, ate lunch, and then Papa drove me to the movie theater in O'Fallon while everyone else stayed home to clean house (I did my chores last night, so I didn't get to completely miss out on cleaning). :) I was going with some friends to see Courageous! I've been to very few movies at the theater, so this was a treat. the movie was phenomenal- I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids because of the intensity and violence, but it was still awesome. It was extremely emotional, very inspiring, and had an incredible message. There are lots of great reviews posted around the Internet, as well as Sherwood Pictures' website at http://www.sherwoodpictures.com/.

Anyway, as soon as the movie was over, we had to rush to our Bright Lights leaders meeting, and ended up being late. :( There were five of us going to the movie (plus a couple parents and younger siblings), and all of us were Bright Lights small group leaders. So, the meeting lasted until 4:30, when Mom came to pick me up. Everyone else had finished cleaning the house and setting up the yard to roast hot dogs and s'mores. Just as Mom and I were turning into the street, our guests arrived. :) We were having a new family in the homeschool group over for dinner, so that is how we spent the evening! It was great to have them over; they were a very sweet family! We're trying to convince them to get involved in Lyceum, but for now we'll hopefully have them over for dinner again sometime soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fun day!! Wish I could've said goodbye to you though!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but you weren't finished with your small group planning meeting when Mom came, and obviously I had to leave immediately. :( :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...