Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What have we been up to lately?

Quite a bit...

We went to Concordia, MO from Friday-Saturday March 16-17 for the funeral of Pastor Gary Clayton, the father of our pastor. Papa and Mom were in charge of the music, and it was incredible. The pieces that the family chose were so joyful, and the entire funeral had nothing somber about it. It was filled with reminders of the hope that we have in Christ and the fact that we'll all be reunited one day with Christ.
Mom greatly enjoyed her chance to play a sizable organ. ;)

Playing Quirkle in one of our hotel rooms

We got back late Saturday night. On Sunday, after church, we celebrated Grandpa & Grandma Davis's 40th anniversary!!

Later that afternoon we went roller skating with the homeschool group. :) Lots of fun!

Yesterday we went shopping for clothes... the boys have been shooting up, and there have been quite a few "arguments" about whose clothes are whose. Cecily and Gloria have also been growing... I haven't, but I still need a few things. :P We visited Good Will first, then went to the Mission thrift store, and altogether made quite a haul!
I am ecstatic to announce that I have found the only pair of heels in the WORLD that are somewhat comfortable. We'll see if I survive four days of walking everywhere in them in April (for TeenPact). ;)

Today Knut, Cecily, and Thor have a First Lego League meeting... yes, Cecily and Thor have joined! Mom will drop them off, and then she and I will do some more shopping. A couple hours later, she'll pick them up and drop me off at a friend's house. That friend will take me to 4:12 (a Bright Lights function) this evening, and Mom will pick me up after that. Quite a busy afternoon!


2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! 40 years?!?!? That's awesome!! :D :D I'm with you on the whole shoe thing.... will my feet survive????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is! :)

    I know, right??? I'm more than a little worried about that, aren't you? :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...