Monday, January 07, 2013

Insanity


Crazy songs:

Mommy, Did You Know (parody by Papa): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhVELvmROsI&feature=youtu.be
Stihl, Stihl, Stihl (another parody by Papa): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEBLnSX3qXY&feature=youtu.be
I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas (sung by Knut and Joe and John Phillips): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqY77hSMl-k&feature=youtu.be 


Annnnnd some conversations: 

*pot boils over*
Knut: I DIDN'T DO IT!!!
Sylvia: Knut, there's nothing wrong with it, so you don't need to protest your innocence!
Knut: I did it!

Sylvia: I'm beginning to realize that every homeschooler is a geek.
Knut: You mean you haven’t noticed that before?
Mom: If they’ve been homeschooled long enough, they are.
Cecily: What’s a geek?
Knut: It’s a type of bird found in Southern Africa.

Knut: I say one word and everyone repeats it.
Sylvia: Everyone? ...wait...

Sylvia: Besides, do you want Leif to suffer psychological and physiological problems for the rest of his life as a result of being frozen to death as a newborn?!
Knut: Exactly. Wait... HUH??

Papa: How was your day?
Cecily: Um… what day is it? (thinks) It's Monday… it was great!

Knut: Mom, when did we do the traducion for last lesson? Was it at a time when I wasn't here?
Mom: Yeah, it probably was... you can do that today.
Knut: *depressed face* This is not a happy day.

Knut: *making faces in the mirror*
Thor: *comes in* Um... Knut?
Knut: What? I'm practicing my evil grin.

(Sitting in a restaurant booth at a party)
Molly: *comes up to us* Hey, can I join you?
Us: Sure! *scoot over to make room*
Molly: What are you talking about?
Kendra: Fingers falling off.

Sylvia: *finishes dinner* Mother, thank you for this delicious and lovely dinner you have prepared for us! May I please have some ice cream?
Knut: *looks at still-full plate* Mother, thank you for this... lovely... dinner you prepared. May I please have a peanut butter sandwich instead?

Knut: The world is demoralizing- especially French!

Mom: Great intellectual weirdos think alike.

Mom: (to Leif) Oh, you poor little thing… growing up in this crazy household…

Knut: Just for the sake of that, I should invent a toaster with a face. 'Cause faceless tasters are demoralizing.

(playing Pinochle)
Grandma: I'll bid 30.
Sylvia: Uh... It was dropped on you.
Grandma: It was dropped on me? For 25?

(playing Pinochle)
Grandpa: I don't know what's going on here!
Knut: I do. We're creaming you.

Knut: So... how's the weather in the UK?
Sylvia: Or what about the UN?
Knut: *laughs*
Sylvia: Of course, (gesturing to Cecily, Thor, Gloria, and Bjorn) these youngsters don't understand that...
(Cecily, Thor, Gloria, and Bjorn heatedly deny this apparent accusation of stupidity)
Knut: So, Thor, what is the UN and why is it funny?
Thor: United Nations... it's all the states.

Grandma Joni: Actually, I'm glad I'm old. I mean, consider the alternative... I could be dead!

(playing pinochle, counting points)
Grandpa: I think we're short.
Sylvia: I think I'M /very/ short.

Bjorn: What's your boss's name?
Gloria: My Boss.
Bjorn: No! What's your boss's NAME?
Gloria: My Boss. His name is My Boss.
Bjorn: That's a stupid name.
Gloria: I know. That's why I don't trust him. I don't trust him with my cheese.

Mom: Great! You're brilliant; you invented a new word! I thought I did a little while ago, but it turned out it was already a real word.

Gloria: I know how to upload pictures to Micro-Scoff! (She meant "add pictures to Microsoft Word")

Knut: Oh, look! Leif-sized handcuffs!
Leif: Ahh!

Papa: If I could FINISH MY SENTENCE...
Cecily, Sylvia, and Mom: *simultaneously slap hands over mouths and start giggling*

(trying to "hypnotize" Cecily using "the Force")
Sylvia: You will make deviled eggs.
Thor: You will make chocolate muffins.
Gloria: You will make doubled eggs.
Thor: DOUBLED eggs?

Papa: He can't punish a principle; he has to punish a person.
Knut: Unless the person happens to be a principal.

Mom: Remember, you're getting off easy for History this year.
Sylvia: Uh... Mom, I'm taking a CLEP test too...
Mom: Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last conversation! :-P The CLEP isn't to impossibly hard...if you love history! ;-)
    Jael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... I know. But Mom's saying that I was getting off easy for History when I'm doing our regular course *and* CLEPing out of a college class was just a little... off... :D

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...