Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Excitement

What are you thankful for today? I am thankful for Rosemary... even though she caused trouble this morning. :) There was a Thanksgiving service at one of the churches here in Mascoutah: Zion Lutheran. Papa was directing the choir for it, Mom was playing the organ, and I was playing the violin. Well, during the sermon I found out that Rosemary had a very leaky diaper, so I went to the bathroom to change her. The sermon was much shorter than I had anticipated, and I was supposed to be playing violin for the offertory! I had just finished changing Rosemary when I heard the pastor finishing the sermon and saying, 'we will now collect the offering'. I didn't have time to take Rosemary back to the pew, so I just grabbed her up and ran up to the choir loft. I set her on the floor while playing. At first she was content to sit and stare at me and the other violinist, but then she started crawling around! I kept trying to see where she was; I was afraid she would try to crawl to the steps and then fall down them. Thankfully, one of the ladies in the choir came and picked her up until we were finished playing. Now that should be enough excitement for one day, right? Not for us! After church Mom, Grandma, and I hurried home to make the pies for tonight. Grandpa, Cecily, Thor, Gloria, and Rosemary came along, and Papa followed a few minutes later. Knut and Bjorn, however, were left at church! We're so used to having to drive home from church instead of being able to walk just one block that we didn't think of making sure that everyone was there! We sent Thor back to make sure that Bjorn got home and to tell Knut that everyone else had gone. :)

The pastor's family of the church we went to today have something very special to be thankful for... a new baby boy! Little Isaiah Theodore Clayton was born the day before yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...