Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Six Flags

by Sylvia, Knut, Cecily, Thor, Gloria, Bjorn, and Rosemary

We had a great time at Six Flags on Monday! We went with the Phillips' (except for their dad), their cousins, and the Claytons. Altogether there were 25 of us- 7 adults and 18 kids! It was pretty fun. :)
(Lunchtime)

Thor: I had two favorite rides. One was the Scooby-Doo ride. It had a four-seater boat with some guns that shot little beams of light. It had a tunnel - inside the tunnel it had some little lights that you had to shoot. My second favorite was the skyscreamer. It was swings that went really high up and had a great view.
(In line for the Ferris wheel)
(on the Ferris wheel)

Bjorn: I went on the little airplanes lots of times, and, um, the trains, and, um, the baby swings, and, um, the Ferris wheel, and, um... the pirate boat.

Knut: And what was your favorite, Bjorn?

Bjorn: The airplanes.
(airplanes)
Gloria: My favorite was the trains and the little kids swings and the balloons and the pirate boat.
(In line for the Ferris wheel)

Knut: I had three favorite things: They were the Tidal Wave, the Skyscreamer, and the Scooby-Doo.

Sylvia: Rosemary, what was your favorite part?

Rosemary: Ev'y't'ing.
(at least I think that's what she said!!) :D
(Lunchtime)

Knut: When we all went to the log flumes, they were closed. We could see a lot of boats all in one of the long tracks. Three of them were all jumbled in a heap. We could see some people behind the others, trying to find out what was going on! Then some attendants had to help them out and carry them over the water. All they would tell us is that they were having "technical difficulties". They had everything straightened out and had the log boats running again in half an hour.

Sylvia: During which time some (crazy) people did the American Thunder roller coaster. I wasn't one of them. Roller coasters aren't really my thing- I love heights, but I prefer to not be upside-down. :) However, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE playing Ninja, so I HAD to go on the Ninja roller coaster. It was, um, interesting. But then the Phillips' induced me to go on the Batman roller coaster. Now that was REALLY interesting!!! *shudders*

Cecily: During our trip to Six Flags, I went on 6 roller coasters. I also went on the swings, the Ferris wheel, the log flume, and the thunder river.
(American Thunder roller coaster)

Bjorn: At Six Flags my favorite is the airplanes. But I didn't like the- um, I do not like the balloons because the tower tips. And I would be really scared of that.

Cecily: The thunder river is a loop of water where you get on a round boat and you are pushed into some rapids and waves. After the waves there's a waterfall coming down from a wall. Then after that you go up a conveyor belt back to where you started.

Bjorn: I liked the airplanes and the Ferris wheel- the huge one- and, um, I could pull the lever. And it actually went up! The airplane went up when I went in the purple one. When I went in the purple one, then I pulled the lever and it went up. And if you let go of the lever, then it goes down.
(In line for the Ferris wheel)

Thor: I went on the Screaming Eagle and I did not like it.

Cecily: It's a roller coaster.

Thor: The tidal wave was great! It was a cross between a boat and a roller coaster. The boat went down a kind of slide thing and it made a humongous splash when it hit the bottom.

Sylvia: Thor is some driver when it comes to the old-fashioned cars! He pulled some interesting faces while he was driving. I had my camera, so...

Sylvia: Sorry we didn't get more pictures- we were too busy having fun!

Thor: Six Flags was great!

Thanks Clayton and Phillips families for making this trip so much fun!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys did a lot!!! I'm so glad you survived after those rides!! :D Thanks for posting the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we didn't get more pictures for you! :) Yes- it really sounds like a lot when you have so many different perspectives from different people who did different things. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had plenty of pictures. Did you see the Mr. Freeze?? It's the big blue roller coaster next to Thunder River. It's scary!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw it; didn't do it. No one in our group did- like you said, it's scary! :) Have you done it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope. My brother tried to convince me to do it though, he's usually the one that helps me conquer my fear of heights!! I was going to do it (HE IS AMAZING AT CONVINCING ME) but they closed it. OH well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're probably lucky that they closed it. :) Your brother must be VERY convincing if he could convince YOU to do the Mr. Freeze! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Batman was the first roller coaster I went on, and it was also the last one. I don't like to talk about it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...