Friday, October 15, 2010

Rosemary

Rosemary has taken her first step! She's been getting really good at standing lately, and on Wednesday night, when I was kneeling down with her standing right in front of me, she took her first step right into my arms! Mom never likes to encourage her babies to learn to walk... she doesn't want them to get big! You won't find her setting them up on their feet and saying, 'Come to Mommy!' For that reason, both Bjorn and now Rosemary have taken their first steps into my arms. I can't resist watching those little baby steps and feeling them fall into my arms with a little giggle. So as soon as they can stand by themselves I'm setting them up on their tiny little feet with my arms outstretched in case they fall, saying 'Come on, sweetie! Come to Yaya! Come walky-walky to Yaya!' And then... one little baby step... baby tumbles into Yaya's arms!

Anyone who has watched a baby learn to talk knows that no baby could say a name like 'Sylvia' at first. Most of my younger siblings have called me 'Yaya' when they first learned to talk. Thor is the only exception: he called me 'Yaya' for awhile, but then he started calling me 'soy sauce'!

Look at that little angel!!! :)

More sweet Rosemary pictures:

What a smart little baby! Already learning how to read...

and play the piano...

 and help fold laundry!
With six older siblings learning things around her all day long, how can she not learn? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love hearing from you! Please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please sign your name as we will not reply to anonymous comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...